Friday, September 22, 2006

Word of the Day

Terrierist - An annoying small dog.

It's a rainy day. There isn't a speck of sunshine to chase away the dreariness. It's cold enough that I'm wearing my USMC sweatshirt that DD Daughter gave me. There were turkey bones from last night's dinner just sitting there in the fridge. There were vegetables gleaned from the garden sitting on the counter waiting to be dealt with. We still have plenty of firewood in the garage. Combine all the above items and what do you get? A cheery fire in the fireplace and turkey/vegetable soup simmering on the stove.

I've decided to put aside my Sudoku puzzles during daylight hours. I'm not getting anything done. OK. I am getting things done but I'm not getting everything done that I want to get done. I've got an afghan that I started last summer and it's just been sitting there because I've been working on Sudoku puzzles. So? I'm working on the afghan again and maybe, just maybe, I'll get it done before we leave for Arizona. The weather is perfect for sitting in front of the fire, watching TV, and crotcheting. I still plan on solving Sudoku puzzles but I'm going to limit myself to doing those while I'm trying settle down for bed at night. Of course, that will cut into my reading time but then again it'll help me save on my book budget.

Murphyism of the Day

Owen's Theory of Organizational Deviance

Every organization has an allotted number of positions to be filled by misfits.

Corollary

Once a misfit leaves, another will be recruited.

No comments: