Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Word of the Day

Tanorexic - One who is obsessed with being tan; one who never feels bronze enough ...

I know. I forgot to blog. The day just got away from me. It started so quietly. Just another laundry day. And then I figured that I'd better get started on the next step in my Limoncello making project. And while I was doing that, I figured that I should finish up with some of the liqueur making. So, I started the filtering process on the blackberry schnapps and while that was doing its thing, I started making the simple syrup for the Limoncello in one pan and the simple syrup for the liqueur in another pan. The recipe for the Limoncello simple syrup is different from the one I use for the liqueurs. While all this was going on, I've sorted out the laundry and I was working on that. And then there were all the normal things that go unsaid that I do each morning. Note to self: I'm out of birdseed again. I've gone through LOTS of birdseed this summer. I probably should purchase an economy size bag next spring.

And then the phone rang. It was the dentist office. Have you even noticed how cheerful these people are when they call you? My brand new crown (the one that didn't fit the first time so they had to send it back and then it didn't work the second time so they had to send it back) had arrived....again. They wanted to know if I could come in to the office yesterday afternoon and give it another try since they had an opening. So, HTP drove me over to the dentist's office and..... It fits! It fits! Woohoo! It fits! I have a brand new crown to add to my growing collection. And then they while they had me there they also fitted me for a mouth guard that I'm supposed to wear at nights so I don't damage my lower teeth anymore from all the teeth grinding that I must do at night. I didn't even know that I ground my teeth but...whatever. That process was fun. I spent the rest of the night picking blue crap that they used to make the forms out of my teeth. However, on the plus side, I only have one more dental appointment before we return to Arizona this fall. One more dental appointment and this one is just so I can pick up my mouth guard and I imagine that they'll want to make sure if fits and show me how I'm supposed to wear it and all.

Anyway, so what with all the liqueur making and the limoncello making and the laundry and the dental appointment....I forgot to blog. I still didn't get all the laundry done. Oh...and I still need labels!

Murphyism of the Day

Buechner's Principle

The simplest explanation is that it just doesn't make sense.

No comments: