Monday, September 25, 2006

Word of the Day

Thesaurusaurus - A dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary.

25 Days and a Wake Up And We Hit the Road *

#1 son is back on U.S. soil, in his apartment at college. He called to tell us that he was safe and sound at around 10 PM last night. I'm not sure if that is exactly when he got back to his room or if that's when he thought to call us. It really doesn't matter, I'm glad he called. Jet-lag should hit him hard about the time his alarm goes off this morning and he heads off to his first class of the day. I'd be totally amazed to hear that he got any sleep last night.

HTP and I have to go into the city to replenish supplies. I'm running out of pickling spices. I don't plan on buying any spinach...still. Since people are still getting sick and they have really pinned down the cause...other than spinach from California...I think I'll stick to head lettuce and maybe some broccoli. I need to buy veggies now that the garden is done. We finished up the last of the zucchini last night. I could start using the beans that I canned but I'd rather save those for Arizona and when we get back here in the spring.

Murphyism of the Day

Robertson's Rule of Bureaucracy

The more directives you issue to solve a problem, the worse it gets.

* Disclaimer: The countdown has started but it isn't written in blood. I make mistakes and we all know that you just can't pin down life like a bug on a entomology class display board.

No comments: