Thursday, September 21, 2006

Word of the Day

Tentrum - A camping argument.

I slept in this morning (until 7 AM) so I couldn't see if it froze again last night. The temperature this morning when I finally dragged myself to the kitchen was 33°F. The air felt crisp when I put the bird-feeders back outside. Yes, my on-going war with the raccoons continues. They've scored a couple points with me but I think I'm winning. My folks decided to employ the same campaign tactics that I'veinitiatedd. As long as the feeders are brought inside before dark, the critters can only stop by for a visit. No damage done. My folks decided that having the black bears doing battle with raccoons over bird-feeders was a bit more than they were willing to deal with anymore...especially when the bird-feeders ended up destroyed in the resultant wars. And here we thought the squirrels were bad.

I'm making Italian Green Tomato/Eggplant Pickles today. I made my regular Green Tomato Pickles yesterday. The remaining "green" tomatoes that are sitting on my counter right now, look like they may ripen...maybe. If not, I'll grind them up to make relish. I noticed that although I have some jars of relish back in Arizona, I'm down to my last jar here at The Lake.

Murphyism of the Day

Soper's Law

Any bureaucracy reorganized to enhance efficiency is immediately indistinguishable from its predecessor.

No comments: