Monday, April 23, 2007




4 Days and a Wake Up Before We Head Back to The Lake

Word of the Day

Arrognorant - A person who thinks they know everything, but is usually wrong.


I've been busy. I dug out some old DD Daughter clothes from when she was a wee baby. I also dug out my dikey projects. I'm packing them because I don't have actual time to work on them right now. I've got a bit more time, right? I also found the sock project. I used to make special socks for my daughters. I made some nice bit of spare change when I continued that project and sold them at a friend's store where I worked. I think I'll work up a few pair for my new grandbaby. After consulting my lists, it looks like I've done all the packing I can do for right now. I've got two large suitcases, open on my guest bed. One suitcase is overflowing with things that I won't need until I get to The Lake. The other suitcase is almost empty.

Murphyism of the Day

Old Grey Frog's Rules on Packing for Trips


1. Always make lists.
2. Always start packing early so you don't forget stuff.
3. Never pack what you still might need.

HTP's Corollary on Old Grey's Rules on Packing

1. If you make a list, you'll lose it.
2. Lists are only as good as the person making the list.
3. If you start packing early, you'll have to unpack something at the bottom of the suitcase, thereby forcing you to unpack everything over and over again..
3. Anything item you have to unpack because you still need it, will be forgotten.
4. Regardless how organized you are, you will always have to unpack something.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer. -- Will Rogers

No comments: