Saturday, April 21, 2007




6 Days and a Wake Up Before We Head Back to The Lake

Word of the Day

Arbitraitor - A mediator who suddenly takes sides in a dispute.


I think the people who design and manufacture belts (the kind that hold up your pants) went to the people who design and manufacture blue jeans and worked out a deal. I can't find blue jeans anymore that sit high enough on my waist so that I can do without a belt. MC Daughter tells me that it's all due to an episode that Oprah had on her show. I guess that's why I can't find any jeans that come up and cover my belly button anymore. Curses! I don't give too much of an owl's hoot in double toothpicks about "fashion". I just want a comfortable pair of jeans that I can work in and not worry about bending down and showing my entire tattoo along with other stuff. It seems that I now have a choice of "mid-rise" jeans, or "low-rise" jeans. Forget the low-rise jeans. Me and razors don't get along at the best of times. My tattoo would be on display for all to see and I refuse to get a belly button ring to distract people from my tattoo. And...on a side note...I haven't been able to find t-shirts, regular, non-logo t-shirts, that will come down to cover my hips. Raise my arms, and oops!, there's my belly button on display...and the upper wing tips of my tattoo. I'm not embarrassed that I have a tattoo or anything but it's positioned a fair distance below my waist. Oh well...that's a whole other topic. Back to the blue jean and belt issue. I did finally break down and buy some blue jeans the other day. They do fit. Mid-rise. However, I found out almost immediately that I needed new belts. My old belts (which used to fit just fine on my old jeans) fit just fine around my waist. They don't fit just fine on mid-rise jeans. Plus, I think they made the belt loops bigger. I ended up having to buy these really wide leather belts (one brown, one black...I do go that far when it comes to appeasing the God of fashion). The belts remind me of another era. Back to the 60's when the mini-skirts were in style along with "hip-huggers". Yes, Virginia, I did wear hip-huggers. I was that daring back then when I was young. I even wore a mini-skirt or two. When I was young enough to pull something like that off. I'm a bit older now. Lots older. To those who don't understand 60's lingo, hip-huggers are what the fashion industry is now calling "mid-rise". They didn't have "low-rise" back then. I'm pretty sure that "low-rise" jeans were designed along with the manufacturers of women's underwear. Better to display on the outside that which I'd just as soon stay covered by outer clothing. I mean there is a reason the stuff is called "underwear". You're supposed to wear it under your clothing. I wear pretty lingerie for me and HTP. Anyway, the whole upshot of this is that I now have some new blue jeans AND I have some new belts to hold my new blue jeans up so I don't display my lingerie and my tattoo to all and sundry. It's all a conspiracy by the fashionistas to make me shell out more money.

Murphyism of the Day

Proof Techniques


1. Proof by referral to nonexistent authorities
2. Reduction ad nauseam
3. Proof by assignment
4. Method of least astonishment
5. Proof by handwaving
6. Proof by intimidation
7. Method of deferral until later in the course
8. Proof by reduction to a sequence of unrelated lemmas
9. Method of convergent irrelevancies

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I never expected to see the day when girls would get sunburned in the places they do today. -- Will Rogers

No comments: