Thursday, April 12, 2007




Word of the Day

Appendoze - The phenomena in which a part of the body seems to go to sleep. This is due to the body part having restricted blood flow for an extended period. The re-awakening of the ailing limb is achieved by re-positioning it.


15 Days and a Wake Up Before We Head Back to The Lake

I normally toddle off to bed on or a bit before 10 PM each night. However...with MC Daughter and D Buddy out on the open road...I finally gave up on getting a "I'm safe in ____." call at midnight-thirty. The phone ran at midnight-fifty-eight. MC Daughter and D Buddy made it safe and sound to Sterling, CO at 2 AM (CO time). MC Daughter told me that they got stuck behind a house. This was a rather weird statement that I didn't ask about because I was half asleep and I didn't want to waste her cell phone minutes. It wasn't until this morning as I repeated the statement to HTP that I recalled that I myself have been stuck behind those weird wide-load trucks that are carrying those half houses that they assemble on someones land somewhere...pre-fab homes. Anyway, besides the house, she told us that there was a major accident which forced them all to take an hour long detour out of their way. After some discussion this morning over morning coffee (mulling over all the delays and factoring in our knowledge of MC Daughter and D Buddy), HTP and I figured that MC Daughter and D Buddy probably took their time leaving Albuquerque...in other words...they slept late and D Buddy probably had to do a double check on the truck leaks and I figured that they may have hit the open road yesterday at around 11 AM. I'm just glad she called because I slept a lot easier knowing that they were safe. Next stop? Somewhere in Iowa.

I found a place on the internet where I could order the special prescription dog food I need for my poor dog Mancha. She's elderly. kidney failure is fairly normal for elderly dogs. Part of the aging process. However, she never had a problem before I gave her that tainted dog food. The recall. I'm hearing now over 36,000 dogs and cats are suspected of losing their lives because of this tainted pet food. I'm sure we'll never know the exact numbers. How many explanations for failing kidneys will be blamed on age rather than the tainted food? How many pets have to spend the rest of their lives on special diets due to this tainted food? I'm curious to know the jump in sales figures for Hills Prescription Diet K/D since this tainted pet food hit the market. All I do know is that my elderly dog wasn't having any problems until I started giving her the tainted dog food. The minute I stopped giving her the tainted dog food and put her on the special prescription dog food, she's "night and day" better. Oh...by the way...they expanded the dates on the recalled pet food. I returned the unopened boxes of tainted pet food for a full refund. I've decided to keep the one started box of the stuff that I discovered is part of the expanded recall.

As for packing...I've started a pile of stuff that I don't want to forget to pack.

Murphyism of the Day

Rocky's Lemma of Innovation Prevention


Unless the results are known in advance, funding agencies will reject the proposal.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth. -- Will Rogers

No comments: