Tuesday, April 10, 2007




Word of the Day

Apatheticist - One who advocates apathy as the only logical response towards unanswerable questions or ineluctable problems. Similarly: apatheticism (philos.)


I've tried holding my breath but there's no way that I can actually hold my breath for four days without passing out. I know that worrying about the Murphyisms of the world can't possibly help but telling me not to fret ain't gonna stop it. All this because....I can say, hopefully without jinxing things, that MC Daughter and D Buddy have left the building. The truck still seems to have a leak or two but...the U Haul was loaded up yesterday and D Buddy loaded up their luggage, cats, and etc and they hit the road about an hour ago. Is it wrong of me to pray that my phone doesn't ring for the next few days other than maybe the odd phone call to let me know that someone has reached their destination for the night, safe and sound?

In the meantime, I'm doing laundry. It's Tuesday. I'm also starting to think about editting my own packing list. In the meantime, let the countdown begin.

17 Days and a Wake Up Before We Head Back to The Lake

Murphyism of the Day

Vesilind's Law of Experimentation


1. If reproducibility may be a problem, conduct the test only once.

2. If a straight line fit is required, obtain only two data points.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Everything is changing. People are taking the comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke. -- Will Rogers

No comments: