Tuesday, April 03, 2007



Word of the Day

Anticiprecipitation - Any instance of anticiprecipitating. An expectation describing one who looks out a window in a persistent manner to see if there has been a change in the weather that is to their liking.


SCREEEAAAAMMMMM!!!!!! That was a primal scream that I'm keeping tamped down inside my mind. Total frustration. Not for me. For MC Daughter and D Buddy. I can only feel sorry for the total frustration they're going through.

So? I still have guests in my guest room. Plans keep changing. MC Daughter and D Buddy had hoped to hit the road by tomorrow morning. Maybe. Murphy's Law keeps rearing its ugly head over and over again. Delays. Auto repair shop screw-ups. Major auto repair shop screw-ups. Maybe...just maybe MC Daughter and D Buddy will be able to hit the road tomorrow...or more likely the next day...if the auto shop doesn't have to spring for a total transmission replacement because of some "forks" that the repair guys put in wrong after rebuilding the old manual transmission which may now have to be replaced with a automatic transmission (at the auto repair shops expense) because they don't make that manual transmission anymore and I have no idea what I'm talking about but am only repeating what I've been told by D Buddy who does know. Repairs like that may take longer. We'll see. HTP has gone off to the rescue which I'm sure can't sit well with MC Daughter or D Buddy. HTP's a wonder when it comes to tackling minor and major disasters but it's a heck of a lot nicer to be the rescuer than the rescuee no matter who's doing the rescuing....even if the rescuer is Dad.

Murphyism of the Day

Old Grey Frog's Opinion of Used Trucks


Anything that can go wrong with a used truck will.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I feel terrific since I've gone into denial.

No comments: