Wednesday, April 18, 2007




Word of the Day

Aqualibrium - 1. The point where the stream of drinking fountain water reaches the perfect height, thus relieving the drinker from either having to suck from the nozzle or from squirting him or herself in the eye. 2. The point at which the water in the bathtub is at just the right temperature.


HTP and I woke to the sounds of sirens and helicopters this morning. Early this morning. It was still dark outside. After speculating a bit, HTP and I decided that it might be safer if we closed our windows for the rest of the...night...morning. Often, because we live right at the edge of "free zone" for illegal aliens through the Indian reservation land, we see trucks and police cars and suspicious activities. Neighbors come back to find that someone was camping out in their backyard while they were away. Lawn furniture disappears. I have no idea why some of my neighbors don't bother to close their garages but inevitably when garage doors aren't closed, stuff disappears. Word to the wise here in Arizona, keep your doors locked and your garage doors closed. No point in inviting pests into your home. Anyway, HTP and I did find out that there was a head on collision with a fatality. A truck vs. a sports car. HTP and I have often noticed that the road that runs into the Indian Reservation is enjoyed by people who want to run drag races with their cars at full throttle. Late at night when the police have all gone to other locations. With windows open at night, it's hard to miss the sound of cars racing each other down that road which makes a great race track, not one block from our home. I'm not sure what happened last night. It was the helicopters and their searchlights that made me nervous. Hours of circling our neighborhood. I suspect that a couple of guys took their cars out to drag race on a deserted road in the middle of the night. I suspect one of the cars took off when he saw that his racing buddy hit that truck. Why was that pick-up truck on that fairly deserted road at 3:30 AM? I can only speculate and since I'm already speculating....I'll stop until I get further data.

#1 Son called us. His college just went on lockdown because of a bomb threat. The nuts are crawling out of the woodwork. Copycats. Crazies. In the news, there was a massacre of students at Virginia Tech. Since the massacre hit the news, copycats and crazies are wanting their own little bit of attention. I suspect that many think they're being humorous. I fail to see the humor. I'm glad #1 Son called us. The poor students who lost their lives at Virginia Tech, weren't afforded that luxury.

Murphyism of the Day

Bershader's Law


Experiment and theory often show remarkable agreement when performed in the same laboratory.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.-- Will Rogers

No comments: