Monday, April 16, 2007




Word of the Day

Aquadextrous - Possessing the ability to turn the bathtub faucet on and off with your toes.


11 Days and a Wake Up Before We Head Back to The Lake

A good neighbor would have asked me if I would please trim my tree because it had started to droop into her yard after the last dust storm. The poor tree is still fairly young and laden with white flowers right now. It's having a hard time with all the wind. *sigh* I would have been more that happy to trim the tree if I'd only known that it apparently was driving her nuts. Why didn't she just say something? Don't you think that's what a good neighbor would do? I have some wonderful neighbors. Only...this neighbor, who I've never met, who lives in back of my house, across a six-foot block wall, decided to lop off several branches of my tree this morning and toss them across the block fence into my yard. Never a word to me that the tree was even encroaching on her yard. I would have been happy to take care of the problem. I wonder if she realizes what kind of impression her approach left on me and HTP? Oh well....only eleven days and a wake up. Oh...by the way, we're having another dust storm right now. My poor tree!

I got my hair done. I'm not grey anymore! I figure that my hair will look nice and not grey for about three weeks before the skunk-line starts reappearing. Only, this time I decided to have my hair "high-lighted" so the skunk-line will hopefully stay hidden...a bit. In the olden days....back when I was a lot younger...we called what I had done "frosting". She went with a vanilla color which doesn't match my grey but, what the heck, she thought I'd be better off with something that wouldn't scream, "Hey, LOOK EVERYONE! She's decided to start letting her hair go grey!" HTP didn't notice anything different so maybe she was right. Wouldn't want to startle HTP.

Murphyism of the Day

Westheimer's Discovery


A couple of months in the laboratory can frequently save a couple of hours in the library.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out. -- Will Rogers

No comments: