Thursday, April 19, 2007




Word of the Day

Arachnidiot - A person, who, having wandered into an "invisible" spider web begins gyrating and flailing about wildly.


8 Days and a Wake Up Before We Head Back to The Lake

I forgot to post my countdown to The Lake yesterday. My only excuse is that I'm starting to go into denial. It makes me feel a heck of a lot better about not dragging suitcases from the closet and printing out a hard copy of my packing list. I know that I probably could be doing a bit more on the packing front but I've got some friends coming over to have supper with us and watch The Sopranos on Saturday. I'm trying to convince myself that any serious packing is going to have to wait until Sunday.

HTP took the Gator in to the auto repair shop to have them clear it for cross-country travel. They replaced some stuff and (knock on wood) deemed The Gator "roadworthy". Knock on wood. HTP changed the air-filter, had the tires rotated, and filled up the gas tank. All we have to do now is give the Gator a bath. That'll have to wait until next week sometime. We've been having too many duststorms and "showers". It's best to hold off until Friday before we start loading up all that stuff that I haven't packed yet.

Murphyism of the Day

Alan's Law of Research


The theory is supported as long as the funds are.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.--Will Rogers

No comments: