Wednesday, April 04, 2007




Word of the Day

Anticiparcellate - Waiting until the mailman is several houses down the street before picking up the mail, so as not to appear too anxious.


Spring has sprung...and so has my nose (sprung a leak). My allergies are driving me insane. My nose is running all over the house and half way across town and back. I've gone through a box of tissues and still I'm sneezing my head off. I think it might be the Palo Verde trees. They're all bright yellow with blooms...but...I suppose it could be some other tree or plant that's causing an excess of histamines to plague my life. HTP and I went out to the store to replenish my seasonal supply of Benadryl and Alavert. I'm not sure which will work the best. I'm trying the Benadryl first.

I'm NOT going to say that MC Daughter and D Buddy's truck is fixed. Minnesota born natives should never tempt Murphy on that. Regardless of what the auto repair people say, MC Daughter and D Buddy have decided to road test the truck for a couple of days around town here to make sure the auto repair people didn't screw up...again. They'll head off to Minnesota as soon as they're confident that the truck will make it for the 2000 mile trip.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Laboratory Work


Hot glass looks exactly the same as cold glass.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"This is a delightful surprise to the extent that it is a surprise, and it is only a surprise to the extent that we anticipated." -- Secretary of State James Baker

No comments: