Sunday, January 20, 2008


#1 Son - Christmas 2007

Word of the Day

Fenderberg - Any large glacial deposit that forms on the inside of a vehicle's fender during the winter snow season.


My guest room has been vacated. HTP just left to take #1 Son to the airport. It sure is going to be quiet here now that #1 Son has gone back to school. Last night was our last night together here....at least for a while. I made a special roast beef dinner. We played Wii and then watched the movie Ratatouille. This morning we had a nice brunch...at home. I've found that, for the most part, I can provide the same wonderful brunch foods as you'd pay lots of bucks for at a restaurant. I even served mimosas. *sigh* I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to this empty nest thing. Oh well...we'll see all our children again in a few months. And our grandchild.

It froze again last night. However, I don't think we'll be seeing any more freezing temperatures...at least...not for a while. I can uncover all the plants and store away the sheets until the next time.

Murphyism of the Day

Rule of Intelligent Tinkering


Save all the parts.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Fish and visitors smell in three days.

Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

No comments: