Wednesday, January 23, 2008


Racking Wine

Word of the Day

FIMS - Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome.


Woohoo! I got to talk to my Ms. En (my grand-daughter) this morning. Well....actually, she didn't actually say anything to me but I did hear her "talking" in the background while I talked to DD Daughter today. It sounds like she's growing up really fast. I can't wait until I get a chance to talk to her in person.

I've delayed blogging today because there really isn't anything going on here. Well...at least nothing to write home about. HTP and I did go out to eat for supper last night. Senior Night at Valle Luna. We had to go out to run some errands and it's hard to pass up happy hour margaritas and 2'fers at Valle Luna. Today? I messed up the kitchen a bit. The wine that I've got brewing in the corner of my living room (because my guest room/library/wine cellar has been transformed into HTP's new office and now I don't have anywhere to put the wine that I'm brewing) needed to be racked. I really should have racked it last month but I never got around to it with all the Christmas preparations and celebration. However, I now have one gallon of prickly pear wine and three and 1/2 gallons of pomegranate wine racked. I don't have to stir the arancello and tangelocello until Sunday. Anyway, I tend to end up spilling a bit of wine here and there whenever I rack wine so I had to mop the floor. So aside from racking the wine and doing the laundry, nothing much has been going on here.

Murphyism of the Day

Watson's Law


The reliability of machinery is inversely proportional to the number and significance of any persons watching it.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Fate chooses your relations, you choose your friends.

- Jacques Delille

No comments: