Monday, January 28, 2008




Word of the Day

Flashionable - Being both flashy and fashionable.


One of my rain gauges says that we got one inch of rain yesterday and last night, the other rain gauge tells me that we got almost two inches of rain. Let's just average the two and end up with 1 1/2 inches of rain. That's a lot of rain. I hope that it makes a dent in our drought.

Despite all the rain and the crazy drivers (yes, as usual, there was someone stupid enough to have to be rescued from a wash...actually, I think more than one), HTP and I braved the traffic to pick up my new glasses. I'm not wearing them right now. I wore them this morning before breakfast and while I was working on my Sudoku puzzle but I've put my contact lenses on again.

HTP and I watched another DVD of our 1990 summer vacation. We were in Italy on this DVD. Globus tour. We were touring Rome, Tivoli, Florence, Pisa, and some island which looks more like a huge palace with just a tiny bit of land left over for manicured gardens. More Italy will be on the next DVD. I'm thinking of buying a few sundresses like the ones I wore in Italy that year for my upcoming New York trip. I'll have to keep an eye out at Savers (I love shopping at Savers...thrift stores). I remember how comfortable those dresses were and how well they traveled and I didn't look half bad in them. Of course, that may be because I was a lot younger back then and didn't weigh as much as I do right now but...... As I remember it was really hot and sticky in Italy during the summer and my sundresses were far more comfortable than shorts or pants.

Murphyism of the Day

Fudd's Law of Opposition


Push something hard enough and it will fall over.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I didn't really say everything I said.

- Yogi Berra

No comments: