Tuesday, January 15, 2008


Old Grey Frog Doesn't Look TOO Bad With Glasses....Does She?

Word of the Day

Fabramblicate - The act of incessantly lying during a lecture about "facts", until one forgets what they've previously lied about and contradicts oneself.


The result of my eye appointment yesterday? I can't have lasik/lasik-like surgery. After repeating a lot of tests and subjecting me to another new machine that mapped my eyes topographically, the doctor told me that I'd have to live with my glasses and contacts. Oh well...some day they'll invent something so that I won't have to wear glasses or contact lenses but until that day, I get to go back and have my eyes refracted today so I can get a new prescription for glasses and contacts. They fit me in to have this done today at the same time that #1 Son is going to have his done. We'll go out and fill our prescriptions at Eyemasters and Costco afterwards. It's a lot cheaper, with coupon(s), to have this done at Eyemasters for glasses, Costco for contact lenses.

While at the mall waiting for our glasses (we may have to come back another day), #1 Son and I plan to shop for some new jeans...for #1 Son. I don't need any new jeans. Besides, I'm still thrilled that I can find such a nice selection of jeans in my size in the men's departments at JC Penney's and Mervyn's. #1 Son wants to check out the selection at Anchor Blue. The jeans don't cost much more there and #1 Son likes the different styles they have there. At least, I hope they still have an Anchor Blue store at the mall.

Murphyism of the Day

Anthony's Law of the Workshop


Any tool, when dropped, will roll into the least accessible corner of the workshop.

Corollary

On the way to the corner, any dropped tool will first always strike your toes.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

-H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Islamic Extremism: The haunting fear, indignation, and anger that someone, somewhere, may be happy....and you all thought Puritans were extreme.

-Old Grey Frog

No comments: