Friday, January 11, 2008


The Reason That I gave Gypsy a Squirrel Toy - Squirrel Problems at The Lake - 2007

Word of the Day

Excess frankage - 1. When one has more hot dogs than buns during a cookout. 2. A foot-long hot dog in a six inch bun.

HTP has headed off to get the tires balanced on the Chevy. We actually may have to have the tires replaced. There is a distinctive shimmy when we drive at certain speeds and the vibrations can't be good for the internal workings of the car. Warranty issue? I was going to follow him over to the dealership in the Gator so he wouldn't have to sit there all day but we decided that maybe, just maybe, the dealership might bring him home and pick him up later. We'll see. I decided that I'd blog and sit ready to head out...just in case.

We went out to eat last night as planned. We ate sushi until we could eat no more. I really would have liked to eat more and probably would have it weren't for that darn rice. It expands in your stomach, filling every little nook and cranny. Actually, I prefer sushimi. That's just the raw chunks of fish. To be real, I don't like ALL raw fish. I won't eat everything on the menu. I'm not fond of eel...fresh water or sea. Or mackeral. I love ahi tuna, salmon, yellowtail, octopus and squid, and fish roe. Yummy. I've had my sushi fix and will survive for a while before I have to go back. I will have to go back for another fix before HTP and I head back to Wisconsin. I actually could make my own sushi and I have done this but I always end up making just one variety. Maybe Sis and I can get together one night for a sushi night at The Lake. Ahi tuna, salmon, bluegill caviar, cebiche, pickled pike, crayfish....just a thought.

Murphyism of the Day

Willoughby's Law


When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Television has proved that people will look at anything rather than each other.

- Ann Landers (1918 - 2002)

No comments: