Monday, January 07, 2008


Snow at The Lake and why I shouldn't whine about rain in Arizona

Word of the Day

Ex - To render outdated, make obsolete, relegate to the past.


Taking care of business. #1 Son had his doctor appointment this morning. We scheduled an eye appointment for next week. Christmas school break doesn't just mean coming home to Arizona for #1 Son. I imagine that we'll be taking care of buying some new clothes and maybe a new jacket as well while he's here with us and before he flies off on his way back to school.

I also made an eye appointment for me. Last year my eyes were checked for possible eye surgery (lasik or lasik-like) but the doctor wanted to see how much my eyes change in year before he'd let me know if I was a possible candidate for this kind of eye surgery. We'll just have to see. Ha-ha. It would be nice to wake up one day and actually be able to see without groping around for glasses that have mysteriously fallen on the floor overnight.

HTP and I went to see National Treasure - Book of Secrets last night with friends. Loved it. Fun. Afterwards, we all went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Again, pretty good. However, not fantastic. My sweet potato didn't taste like a sweet potato because it was overwhelmed by a cinnamon taste. What? Cinnamon? My green beans were canned green beans covered with a bacon sauce. My caramelized onion....wasn't...caramelized. My steak? Well...I'm afraid it had an odd liver taste to it. Don't get me wrong. I love liver but not when I've ordered sirloin steak. However, it was cooked medium-rare as requested. I'm just puzzled as to how they got that liver-like taste on it. The peanuts were good. Everyone seemed to like the fresh rolls too, though, I didn't try one. It looked like the rolls were being served with cinnamon butter which probably explains why my sweet potato ended up tasting so like cinnamon pudding? They must have "buttered" my sweet potato before they brought it to me.

Have I griped enough as yet? It's raining again. My hair is all frizzy because I was standing in the rain again last night and again this morning when I took Gypsy outside. Maybe I'd better go get a bit of cheese with my whine.

Murphyism of the Day

Chapman's Committee Rules


1. Never arrive on time, or you will be stamped a beginner.
2. Don't say anything until the meeting is half over; this stamps you as being wise.
3. Be as vague as possible' this prevents irritating others.
4. When in doubt, suggest that a subcommittee be appointed.
5. Be the first to move for adjournment; this will make you popular-it's what everyone is waiting for.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

There's no bad day that can't be overcome by listening to a barbershop quartet; this is just truth, plain and simple.

- Chuck Sigars

No comments: