Thursday, January 24, 2008


"The Grass is Always Greener..." - I'm sure it's lots colder at The Lake

Word of the Day

Firwood - Firewood cut from a fir tree.


Today seems like a nice day for a cup of hot tea. 59°F. Overcast. I don't think we'll actually get any rain today but the sun is hiding behind grey clouds at the moment. A perfect day for curling up with a good book and sipping on a cup of tea. Besides, I've already had my daily quota of coffee. I think I'll make some chili for lunch. It's just that kind of day.

I feel like I'm starring in one of those children's books that I used to read to my kids when they were young. The excuse books. At least, that's how I thought of them. I would have dusted the house but.... I would have cleaned the bathrooms but.... I would have scrubbed the kitchen floors but my toes hurt. I would have sprayed the weeds but it looks like it might rain. I would have vacuumed the floor but Gypsy was just so cuddly and that book was begging for me to read it.

Murphyism of the Day

Wyszkowski's Law


Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?

- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817)

No comments: