Monday, January 14, 2008


Old Grey Frog Can Wear Contact Lenses But Doesn't Have to Like It. See Her Grin and Bear It.

Word of the Day

Eyelidology - The study of one's own eyelids. Sometimes used as an excuse for sleeping in class.


I've got an eye appointment this afternoon. I had my eyes checked last year to see if I was a good candidate for lasik/lasik-type surgery and was told that I needed to come back in six months (it's been longer than that) so that they can get a good indication of how much my eyes change...or have changed. My thinking is that they're going to tell me that I am not a good candidate for this sort of surgery but I won't really know until after today's appointment. It sure would be wonderful if I didn't have to wear glasses anymore so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm just being pessimistic. Groping around blindly for glasses in the middle of the night, knocking over beverages sitting on the nightstand by mistake, fogged up glasses, dirty glasses, glasses slipping down to the tip of your nose, bent frames because glasses have been sat on by mistake.... *sigh* If I'm not a good candidate, I'll still have to get a prescription for glasses and for contacts. I'm still wearing the same glasses that I wore the last time I got my eyes checked. And these glasses are the same glasses that I've worn for at least one year before that. I haven't worn contact lenses for over a year so I don't have a current prescription. Contact lenses are a must for me right now if I want to go out without glasses...and be able to see.

Murphyism of the Day

Rap's Law of Inanimate Reproduction


If you take something apart and put it back together enough times, eventually you will have two of them.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Defining and analyzing humor is a pastime of humorless people.

- Robert Benchley (1889 - 1945)

No comments: