Wednesday, January 09, 2008


Tree Frog at The Lake - 2007

Word of the Day

Exaspirin - 1. Any bottle of pain reliever with an impossible-to-remove cotton wad at the top. 2. Any impossible-to-open bottle that claims to be "child-proof".


Gypsy is pretty sure that Old Grey Frog has lost her mind. She watched me with total consternation and puzzlement, following my every movement, as I removed all her "lawn decorations" from our yard. At least, that was my goal, but sometimes it's hard to see the lawn decorations from the gravel. Kind of like not being able to see the trees for the forest? Anyway, cleaning up lawn decorations is one of the not so pleasant things about being a dog owner. Oh well...it's done until next time. I won't go into how difficult this job becomes when it's been raining outside. I suppose Gypsy is on the right track about my state of mind. After all, I not only spent the morning cleaning up "lawn decorations", I also wrote one whole paragraph about this activity.

We got a half and inch of rain over the weekend. At least, that's what my new froggy rain gauge told me when I "reset" it this morning. I hadn't "reset" my other rain gauge from our last rain but I got the froggy rain gauge as a Christmas present from one of my best friends and we haven't had any rain from the time I put it outside until this weekend. The only electronic rain gauge that I own right now is sitting on my countertop at The Lake. Resetting my rain gauges here in Arizona is just a matter of dumping out the water that has accumulated. I "reset" both of my rain gauges this morning.

We need the rain but....I noticed, while cleaning up lawn decorations, that the rain has started up a massive crop of weeds. If I get outside and spray Round-up on all these weeds right now, I won't have too much of a problem. Maybe tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that these weeds will be six feet tall by then. Weeds grow fast in Arizona. I equate it to the magic beans from Jack and the Beanstalk.

Murphyism of the Day

Wolinski's Law


Teamwork is wasting half of one's time explaining to others why they are wrong.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It is how people respond to stress that determines whether they will profit from misfortune or be miserable.

Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

No comments: