Sunday, January 06, 2008


Snow at The Lake - I hear that there's a place in California where they'll be getting 10 feet of snow today? TEN FEET?!

Word of the Day

Evidentually - According to the evidence available, sooner or later, an event is obviously bound to occur.


It's official. Christmas has come and gone. I packed up all the Christmas stuff and stored it away until I start the countdown again on December 1, 2008. I hadn't really planned on packing everything up yesterday but when the mood strikes, it's best to give into it. So far I haven't found anything sitting out that was forgotten by the mad rush to put everything away. Oh...wait...I think I did forget something which I just remembered. The window candles. They were in the guest room window. I'll have to put them away....as soon as #1 Son gets up, which probably won't be until I get home from church today. I hope I remember by then.

It's raining. Despite this fact, Gypsy didn't mind getting outside to do her thing this morning, especially since I insisted and went outside to get wet with her, sans umbrella. She really hates rain or maybe it's just umbrellas. The rain should make my commute to church rather interesting too. I'm not fond of driving in the rain, walking in the rain, wiping rain off my glasses. However, needs must. I'm playing my clarinet this morning for one of the church services and there's just no getting around it. I'll have to take the Gator because I'm not sure if #1 Son left enough gas in the Chevy so I won't have to stand outside in the rain while filling the tank up.

HTP and I are going to see a movie tonight with friends. One of the movies that I wanted to see on The Big Screen. National Treasure II. I'm not sure if they actually call it that but it is a sequel to the other one. We didn't get to see Transformers last night (DVD), but maybe on Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing that movie too.

Murphyism of the Day

Peterson's Principle


Never delay the ending of a meeting or the beginning of a dinner hour.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The cruelest lies are often told in silence.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

2 comments:

Mink said...

Transformers was way better than I thought it would be. I was really afraid they were going to screw it up, but they did a pretty good job.

Mink said...

P.S. Everyone keeps telling me that Enchanted was really good too. I've yet to find the time to go see it, though.