Sunday, January 27, 2008




Word of the Day

Flaberjastic - A word used to express something good or fantastic. Commonly used when one can't think of a word to describe something. Often, nobody knows what it means, but its peculiar sound gives it away as meaning something good.


It's raining! It's supposed to rain all day and into the night. There will be at least one stupid motorist who will need to be rescued from a flooded wash today. Gypsy will not want to go outside to do her thing. The paper delivery person delivered our paper way out at the end of the driveway so there was no way that I could dash between the raindrops and stay dry while retrieving our morning paper. Rain really isn't a negative around here. At least not for me. I imagine I'll have to deal with a whole new crop of weeds. I pulled most of the weeds that had sprouted that were a result of the last rain we got. But, aside from the stupid motorists and the weeds and getting wet and having to deal with a rain phobic puppy, rain is a good thing.

My new glasses are here! Eyemasters called me last night to tell me that my new glasses are ready to be picked up. HTP and I are going to drive out there (no washes)to pick them up today. Yes, Eyemasters is open on Sunday. I called over there to check. I didn't put my contact lenses in this morning because I knew that I'd just have to take them out when I get my new glasses fitted. I'm trying to wear my contact lenses more but I'm still having eye strain problems when I want to curl up and read or when I work my Sudoku puzzles. I think I'm just going to have to deal with the reality that I'll have to take the contact lenses out when I'm doing that sort of thing and put them back in afterwards. Contact lenses are mainly a cosmetic thing. Vanity, thy name is Old Grey Frog.

Speaking of reading. I just got an e-mail from the coordinator of the writers' contest that I'll be helping to judge. I should be receiving the books that I'll be judging sometime this week. Woohoo! Books to read! At least....I hope that these books are worth reading. I guess I'll be the judge of that.

Murphyism of the Day

Schmidt's Law


If you mess with a thing long enough, it'll break.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.

- Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

No comments: