Sunday, January 13, 2008


Beware the Dreaded Snapping Turtle! - Fall 2007

Word of the Day

Expresshole - One who try to sneak more than the "eight items or less" into the express checkout line.


I made waffles for breakfast this morning. NO! I did not make Eggo or Eggo-related waffles. I made, from scratch, waffles in my seldom used waffle maker. It took me a few minutes to actually find where I'd stored the waffle maker and dust if off, but I was good to go after that. I decided to keep the waffles warm in the warming drawer of my oven until I had enough to serve for breakfast. It was at this point that I found my missing cookie sheet. When I was making Christmas goodies, I'd noted that I was missing one of my cookie sheets. I now need to make apologies to MC Daughter who I thought may have "borrowed" it. Sorry sweetie! I have no idea who thought cookie sheets should be stored in the warming draw but that's another story. I don't use the warming drawer that often and it never occurred to me to look for the missing cookie sheet there. I suspect that it might have been HTP. Anyway, the lost was found and stored away with the other cookie sheets before I started the waffle making process. I finished half the waffles and started frying up the ham. Yummy! I've got enough waffles leftover from breakfast to serve tomorrow or the next day for breakfast...Eggo-style. The nice thing about making homemade waffles is that you can reheat any leftovers in the toaster.

Gypsy and I enjoyed cuddling up on the bed yesterday as I re-read a book or two from my collection. Actually, we enjoyed it so much that I think we'll do the same thing today. I wish I'd taken the opportunity this morning to sneak out and take a picture of Gypsy cuddled up in a sliver of sunshine with her duck/goose. Maybe tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Rudnicki's Rule


That which cannot be taken apart will fall apart.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

No comments: