Thursday, January 10, 2008


Christmas Goodies Will Not Be Welcome Here After #1 Son Leaves

Word of the Day

Excess bunnage - 1. When one has more buns than hot dogs at a cook out. 2. When the hot dog is shorter than the bun (Where's the meat?)


I stayed up way too late last night. I had two books sitting on my bedside table just begging me to read them and....I did. Both of them. Unfortunately, now I don't have anything to read that I haven't already read here in the house and none of my favorite authors are coming out with anything new until next month. However, there may be some hope in sight. I'm supposed to be helping to judge a writer's contest and I think I'm supposed to get the books that I'll be judging this month sometime. I have no self-control when it comes to buying books. New books with that new book smell. One year I found out that I'd actually purchased and read half of the books that I ending up getting free copies of for the judging. I try not to repeat my mistakes. I'm staying well away from any book stores until after I see what books they'll want me to judge. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be seeing the books until the end of the month. Oh well...I'll just have to re-read something again. Maybe I'll hunt up something from my bookshelves in the office. Something to read while I take a nap to recover from staying up to read last night.

I bought thirty oranges at the store yesterday and juiced them up for breakfast this morning. 5#/$1 isn't bad for oranges, cheaper than what the citrus grove charges. Unfortunately, they weren't all that juicy. When I juiced 15 tangelos from my tree in the backyard, I ended up with 2 quarts of juice. When I juiced these 30 oranges from the store, I only ended up with 2 quarts of juice. I guess I grow really juicy tangelos on my tree. The oranges were bigger than my tangelos too. Huh?! Maybe I'd have been better off buying my fruit from the citrus grove. I'd juiced the tangelos because I made Tangelocello (started it)the other day. HTP and #1 Son have been really enjoying the fresh fruit juice in the morning with our breakfast. I still have four tangelos decorating my tree outside in the backyard. I plan to save those to enjoy as mid-afternoon snacks after #1 Son heads back to college and I after I again take up the reins as diet gestapo.

HTP and #1 Son are in the mood for sushi tonight. Woohoo! I won't have to cook and (double bonus), I happen to love sushi and haven't had it since we've been back here to Arizona. We have a favorite restaurant here that serves fresh sushi...all-you-can-eat. We eat LOTS of sushi. I'd eat a heck of a lot more if it weren't for the rule that you have to eat all the sticky rice too. I don't like eating all that rice. Too filling...which, I suppose, is the reason for the rule.

Murphyism of the Day

Parker's Rule of Parliamentary Procedure


A motion to adjourn is always in order.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

A happy childhood has spoiled many a promising life.

- Robertson Davies

No comments: