Friday, January 25, 2008


Old Grey Frog Hiking the Logging Road

Word of the Day

Flabbergusted - To be shocked and astonished and disgusted all at the same time.


I've been trying so hard to be good with our diet but it's hard to resist temptation when there is chocolate in the house. And...just so you know...there is no way that I'm going to throw away the chocolate in the house. The only way this chocolate is going to go away is via my mouth. I'm a total chocoholic. I promise that I'm not running out and buying chocolate at the store. This chocolate is candy that HTP bought me for Christmas. My favorite kind of chocolate. Dark chocolate. Yummy. I've slowed my consumption of said chocolate by sticking it in the freezer but I felt like eating chocolate today so.... OK. I'll put the box back in the freezer. Just one more piece.

So. To keep me from eating all the chocolate in the freezer, I went out to the grocery store to buy fresh veggies and stuff that will help buoy up my will power and keep my mind off the chocolate. I know that HTP is tired of soup or chili for lunch but it really is a diet helper. Besides, the soup was on sale. I also got some spaghetti sauce that was on sale...after I checked the calorie count on the label. Then it was off to the veggie section of the store. Salad fixings. Celery and carrots. Lettuce, salad greens (all kinds). Light salad dressings (a variety). Whole wheat bread for breakfast. Chicken breasts. Skim milk. And can someone tell me why I never can find room in our fridge to store away groceries when I get home?

Murphyism of the Day

Sattinger's Law


It works better if you plug it in.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Leave each one his touch of folly; it helps to lighten life's burden which, if he could see himself as he is, might be too heavy to carry.

- John Lancaster Spalding

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a good recipe for leek soup. Have any? I'd look one up on cooks.com but I thought I'd check with someone I know first.

Old Grey Frog said...

Nope. I've never made leek soup before.

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you if I find a good recipe then. I haven't had it since I went to England.