Thursday, December 18, 2008


#1 Son - Christmas 2001

Word of the Day

Neonphancy - A fluorescent light bulb struggling to come to life.


I started decorating Christmas cookies yesterday...my brown sugar cookies. I'm not all that creative when it comes to decorating cookies...but I try. About the time I finished up the vanilla icing, my creative ideas ran out. I'd also run out of space to put the cookies while the icing dried long enough so that I could store them away in one of my cookie tins without the cookies gluing themselves together and making a mess. The frosting had set up enough by this morning but, I waited until this afternoon to open up the second tub of icing so I could finish up with decorating the rest of the brown sugar cookies. Still...I'm not all that creative. I didn't turn any of the Christmas tree cookies into bloody spear points. *sigh* I miss the bloody spear points that #1 Son used to make for me. I didn't make any aliens with green faces either....or frowny faces. *sigh* Maybe next year.

Murphyism of the Day

The Law of the Letter


The best way to inspire fresh thoughts is to seal the letter.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it "white".

-Bing Crosby

No comments: