Wednesday, December 03, 2008


DD Daughter, Me, and Santa - 1980 (MC Daughter is there too but she wouldn't put in an appearance for a couple more months.)

Word of the Day

Mousecurse - A curse afflicting a user whose mouse pointer deliberately overshoots its intended target as many as a dozen times in a row.


I dug out my Christmas socks. When you can only wear something at one particular time of the year, I figure you shouldn't miss the opportunity. So, I was wearing my Christmas socks AND my Christmas sweater this morning when I took Gypsy for our morning training walk.

I finally hung my Christmas wreath on the front door. I decided that since the neighbors seem to have decked the exterior of their home for Christmas, I should get into the spirit of the season too. Besides, when Gypsy and I returned home after our walk this morning, the front door looked a bit bare. I'll tackle the rest of the exterior decorations after it warms up a bit.

In the meantime, I plan to get the creche out and set up. I may dig out a couple of my snow globes too....maybe. As for baking?....that will have to wait for another day. I've got ingredients, I just don't have the energy. Besides, I don't want the temptation or the calories.

My focus will be on the Christmas letter and Christmas cards in the coming days. I'm hoping to get my cards all addressed and in the mail...next week? HTP and bought our Christmas stamps. I have to do a final edit of my Christmas letter. I have to edit my Christmas address book before having HTP print out the letter and the address labels. Sadly, we lost some of our family members this year. Some of our family members have moved.

Murphyism of the Day

Murphy's First Law for Husbands


The first time you go out after your wife's birthday, you will see the gift you gave her marked down 50 percent.

Corollary

IF she is with you, she will assume you chose it because it was cheap.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

A good conscience is a continual Christmas.

- Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

That Santa must have loved his job. He looks so happy to be there.