Wednesday, December 10, 2008


"T'was the night before Christmas..." MC Daughter and DD Daughter - 1983?

Word of the Day

Murphyglobule - An inevitable glob of food that drips onto a clean white surface, often one's shirt.


As I poured myself a fresh cup of hot coffee this morning, I silently sent out a mental thank you to whoever it was that invented the timer mechanism for my coffee-maker. Most particularly, the person who made the timer mechanism usable for tech-challenged like me. What a wonderful thing to wake up in the morning to find that I've got a nice fresh pot of hot coffee waiting for me to pour that first cup of the day....if I remember to set it up sometime during the previous day. All I need to do is grab a clean coffee cup....not a problem. I have two coffee-makers here in Arizona. Wonderful! Actually, HTP and I only bought the second coffee-maker because HTP and I thought the first coffee-maker had croaked, died, shuffled off this mortal coil, headed to the junkyard. However, HTP is not tech-challenged. He took the first coffee-maker (broken) and fixed it...brought it back to life. Woohoo! So, I've got two fully functioning coffee-makers. So...anyway, with two coffee-makers, I can always have one coffee-maker set for delayed brew for the next morning's coffee or ready to switch to immediate brew if HTP and I NEED more than one pot of coffee during the day. Of course, should this happen, I immediately set up the other coffee-maker for delayed brew for the next morning. I love waking up to a fresh pot of coffee.

Murphyism of the Day

Johnson's Law


If, in the course of several months, only three worthwhile social events take place, they will all fall on the same evening.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Next to a circus there ain't nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit.

- Kin Hubbard (1868 - 1930)

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

Jeebus, I was all hair...