Tuesday, December 23, 2008


'Twas the night before the night before Christmas and even the mice were busy.

Word of the Day

Neutron peas - Tiny green objects in TV dinners that remain frozen even when the rest of the food has been microwaved beyond recognition.


I'm done with my Christmas baking. This morning after breakfast, I made three batches of peanut brittle. Two of the batches are for gifting...locally.

Today was the day that I needed to rack the wines. HTP helped me with the heavy lifting. From what I tasted so far (of course I sipped a bit from each type of wine...even though it's not ready), all the wines are going to taste just fine. The most beautiful wine is the Prickly Pear Cactus wine. Gorgeous!

My homemade cheese smells a bit like Limburger cheese. Eventually, it's supposed to end up tasting a bit like feta cheese. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going to wait to try making kefeddar cheese (which would mean that I'd have to make another batch of cottage cheese. Right now I'm just going to concentrate on Christmas Eve and Christmas and baby-sitting my homemade cheese, rubbing it down with olive oil on a daily basis.

Murphyism of the Day

The Mosquito Principle


When two people are together outdoors, the insects will bother one while leaving the other alone.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Next to a circus there ain't nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit.

- Kin Hubbard

No comments: