Saturday, December 06, 2008


MC Daughter and DD Daughter with Santa - 1982?

Word of the Day

Muckle - To smother with something sticky or dirty. To muckle something up, as to mess it up completely.


I've got music. The music director's husband (our pastor) dropped it off for me yesterday. It doesn't look too difficult. I suppose I should put my clarinet together today and run through the music at least once but...we'll see. It's going to be a full day at church tomorrow. I've got an orchestra practice at 8 AM, and then I'll be playing with the contemporary group for the third service. I have no idea what I'll do with myself during the second service. There really isn't enough time to make a round-trip home and back during that second service. Actually, that might be the best time for me to practice the music for the third service.

I started my policy of gifting wine and jam instead of baked goods yesterday. I made up a basket with a small bottle of Rhubarb wine and a small bottle of Dandelion wine along with a jar of my sugar-free raspberry jam and a jar of my sugar-free strawberry jam. When the pastor dropped my music off for me, I gave the basket to him. Merry Christmas. When I told him that he'd have to wait until next spring to drink the wine, he wanted to know why. Would it be bad? I told him that it wouldn't be bad but it would be better in the spring. The wine that I gave him was the 2008 wine that Sis and I bottled in September. It'll be better to let it mature a bit in the bottle...at least until the dandelions start blooming again.


Murphyism of the Day

Bedfellow's Rule


The one who snores will fall asleep first.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.

- Phyllis Diller

No comments: