Friday, December 19, 2008


#1 Son with Santa - 1992

Word of the Day

Nerd hero - Any nerd-core artist or enthusiast who pretends to have mad skills with a guitar by displaying his/her Guitar Hero® guitar controller during concert, or by demonstrating his excellence in game.


I made more cookies. Sugar-free Almond Sugar Cookies. Actually, I've been experimenting with a recipe that Sis gave me which uses egg yolks. I always have plenty of egg yolks. Rather than waste them, I decided to experiment with using this recipe to make some Christmas sugar cookies (sans sugar). It worked out great! Very rich! My sister sent me an e-mail this morning that explained all the rules when it comes to calories and Christmas cookies. Since the cookies I "taste-tested" this morning were sugar-free, I figured...they were both calorie free. Oh...and I'm adding another rule to Cookie Rules. Colored decorettes and sugars don't count as sugar in sugar-free cookies since they're only there for decoration purposes.

Cookie Rules

If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no calories
because everyone knows that the first cookie is the test and thus calorie free.

If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no
calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories (water has the
same properties here).

If a friend comes over while you're making your Christmas cookies and needs
to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend's first
cookie is calorie free, rule #1 is yours also. It would be rude to let your
friend sample alone and, being the friend that you are, that makes your cookie
calorie free, as well.

Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and
eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the density of the
caloric mass.

Any calories consumed during the frosting of Christmas cookies
will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess
frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.

Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have three and
green ones have five - one calorie for each letter. (Make more red ones!)

Cookies eaten while watching "Miracle on 34th Street" have NO
calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not
part of one's personal fuel.

As always, cookie "pieces" contain no calories because the process of
breaking causes calorie leakage.

Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate have no calories since the
calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate.
(We all know how calories like to CLING!)

Any cookies consumed while feeling stressed have no calories because cookies
used for medicinal purposes NEVER have calories. (It's a rule!)

Colored decorettes and sugars don't count as sugar in sugar-free cookies since they're only there for decoration purposes. Decorative sugars will not raise your blood sugar levels.


****


I forgot all about Spam and my webmail accounts. My e-mail server sorts through all my mail and keeps the Spam in a webmail folder. *sigh* I forgot about it until this morning. It took me an hours to sort through all of the Spam. Pages and pages of Spam. I could have just deleted it all but I noticed right off the bat that there were a couple of e-mails that weren't Spam. So...I had to sort through and delete the Spam and mark the good stuff as "This is not Spam" so it could continue on its merry way to my In Box. I'll have to check the webmail accounts more often. You'd think with all the Spam that my e-mail server is letting leak through the filter, I wouldn't have so much Spam in the webmail Spam folders. 'Tis the season for Spam.

Murphyism of the Day

Milstead's Christmas Card Rule


After you have mailed your last card, you will receive a card from someone you overlooked.

Old Grey Frog's Corollary to Milstead's Christmas Card Rule

After you've mailed your last card, you will receive at least a couple of cards from people who you already sent a card...to the address where they used to live before they moved.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Christmas at my house is always at least six or seven times more pleasant than anywhere else. We start drinking early. And while everyone else is seeing only one Santa Claus, we'll be seeing six or seven.

- W. C. Fields

No comments: