Wednesday, December 17, 2008




Word of the Day]

Neogenic - Having an attraction to bright lights.


The Russian teacakes are all baked. One batch, sugar free. I'll have to pack them away so HTP doesn't get hold of them before next week. I'm thinking about starting to decorate the brown sugar cookies next. After I decorate them, they'll need to set up for at least a day before I can pack them away without them getting all soft and sticking to each other.

We got about an inch of rain yesterday and overnight. They're predicting even more rain out of the next batch of storms coming through. I expect there will be some flooding in my backyard if we do get more rain. Although the sun has come out and the rain tapered off well before I dragged myself out of bed this morning, the ground is still wet and there are standing puddles on the concrete.

Gypsy and I missed our morning walk today. Maybe I'll take her out when I go to get the mail. I'll have to dump the rain out of the rain gauge so it'll be all set for the next weather system.

Murphyism of the Day

Weatherwax's Postulate


The degree to which you overreact to information will be in inverse proportion to its accuracy.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Christmas is a race to see which gives out first - your money or your feet.

- Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello