Friday, December 05, 2008


MC Daughter, DD Daughter and Santa - 1981?

Word of the Day

Mozzalastics - Large deposits of cheese that stick to the top of the pizza box.


Free stuff. HTP and I went out to get our free flu and pneumonia shots today. Actually, they were only "free" because HTP and I have health insurance. When you figure in the cost of what we pay for our monthly health insurance premiums, I'm not sure if you could consider the shots as "free". Oh well...they didn't cost us any additional money over and above our monthly health insurance premiums. However, while we were at the store where we got shot(s), I purchased some toothpaste for HTP (on sale 2/$4). The guy at the register overcharged me so I got the toothpaste for free.

I haven't started doing any Christmas baking. Actually, after discussing this over lunch today with HTP, I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to do any Christmas baking this year. HTP and I don't need the additional calories. Besides, I can just as well gift wine or liqueur to the neighbors.

Murphyism of the Day

Angela's Axiom


The last sheet of gift wrap will be six inches smaller than the last gift wrap.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Christmas is a time when everybody wants his past forgotten and his present remembered.

- Phyllis Diller

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm not doing any baking this year either for similar reasons. DH had to talk me out of it too :)

Daughter-in-law, CC, did a lot of holiday baking this year and is bringing us a variety of goodies when they come here for Christmas. I'm really looking forward to eating what she brings since she is a great cook!

-Sis

D. Skippy said...

M'eh, my Xmas baking this year consisted of Nutella, puff pastry, and red/green sprinkles.

I'm just not feeling it.