Tuesday, December 02, 2008


DD Daughter - 1979

Word of the Day

Motodrift - The mistaken belief at a stoplight that ones car is moving backward when, actually, the car beside them is moving forward.


I dug my Christmas sweater out of the closet and wore it this morning when I took Gypsy for our training walk. I'm starting to teach her the "down" command. Of course, she pops right back up the second I'm not forcing her to lie down but...it's a start.

Speaking of starts, I'm starting to force myself into getting ready for Christmas. I wrote the annual Christmas letter last night and will probably spend the next few days revising and editing. I also compiled a bunch of Christmas photos from the past and downloaded them into the digital picture frame the kids got us last Christmas. I copied the pictures that I had previously downloaded to the picture frame into a file on my computer so it'll be easier to load them back up after Christmas.

I still haven't decorated the exterior of the house. Maybe I'll tackle that chore after lunch. We'll see. It really doesn't take all that much effort to hang a wreath on the door but....I wouldn't want to do too much in one day. I figure that by Christmas, whatever gets done, gets done.

Murphyism of the Day

O'Reilly's Observation


It's not love that lasts forever, it's plastic.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

In the bleak midwinter Frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron, Water like a stone; Snow had fallen, snow on snow, Snow on snow, In the bleak midwinter, Long ago.

- Christina Rossetti (1830 - 1894)

No comments: