Tuesday, December 16, 2008


DD Daughter helping her Mom decorate the Christmas tree - 1979

Word of the Day

Negatile - An area of the bathroom floor where, somehow, the scale registers one to be five pounds lighter.


I baked Jan Hagel cookies yesterday. Just two batches. I made a regular batch of cinnamony Jan Hagel and a batch of sugar free almond flavored Jan Hagel. HTP prefers the almond flavored Jan Hagel so that's why that batch was sugar free. I baked brown sugar cookies today. They still need to be frosted and decorated but that can wait for later in the week. Though I only made a single recipe, I ended up with 12 dozen cookies. I still want to make Russian Teacakes (sugar free) but that will have to wait for another day....and another day for Italian Pizzelle. After that...I plan to hang up my baker's hat...well...maybe I'll make some peanut brittle but after that...

Murphyism of the Day

Reverend Chichester's Laws


1. If the weather is extremely bad, church attendance will be down.

2. If the weather is extremely good, church attendance will be down.

3. If the church bulletins are in short supply, church attendance will exceed expectations.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Dear Lord, I've been asked, nay commanded, to thank Thee for the Christmas turkey before us... a turkey which was no doubt a lively, intelligent bird... a social being... capable of actual affection... nuzzling its young with almost human- like compassion. Anyway, it's dead and we're gonna eat it. Please give our respects to its family...

- Berke Breathed

No comments: