Monday, January 26, 2009


"Any flattering photo of yourself will, at some point, elicit a comment that the photo looks nothing like you."

Word of the Day

Onycheldigger - Any object used as a tool to clean the disgusting build-up of grime under the fingernails. Usually something found nearby, like a push pin or a sharp corner of a folded piece of paper.


HTP and I finally got around to racking the wine today...a few days late but it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Of course, I had to sample a bit from each...a tiny bit from each...and I can safely say that all the wine is progressing well. The Pyracantha wine is going to taste really nice which is a good thing since we made so much of it (9 gallons?). It has deepened in color. I like the Pomegranate wine that used barley water but the Pomegranate with white grape juice tastes good too. However, economically speaking, it might be cheaper in the long run to make the recipe that calls for barley water. The Prickly Pear wine has deepened to a red color. It still has a kind of vegetable/cucumber? taste which I hope will mellow out with age. It's going to be a beautiful wine but looks aren't everything. All the wine is clearing nicely. I'm not sure that it will be necessary to rack them again until the end of March and then again in at the end of April when they should be ready for bottling.

We went to see Inkheart last night with friends. I liked it but it's not a movie that I'd want to own. It kind of reminded me of Return to Oz. Very artsy. Weirdly interesting. Very scenic. I'm not sure HTP liked it...but he didn't fall asleep. There wasn't too much to discussion after the movie but we all agreed that this was one movie that was better viewed in a movie theatre setting rather then in a "rent the DVD and watch it at home" setting. As for dinner at Valle Luna...we shared a pitcher of margaritas and enjoyed our meal and quiet conversation.

Murphyism of the Day

Keller's Constant


Any flattering photo of yourself will, at some point, elicit a comment that the photo looks nothing like you.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I have learned not to worry about love; but to honor its coming with all my heart.

- Alice Walker

No comments: