Saturday, January 17, 2009


It's Still Winter at The Lake...and Here.

Word of the Day

Obvium - Something that is obvious.


I've gone back to check my past blogs for this date over the last few years and decided that I'm going to leave the sheet dance sheets where they are for right now. I was right in my thought that we could still get freezing temperatures here in The Valley of the Sun...even though there are none predicted in the coming days.

After enjoying waffles made with kefir milk instead of buttermilk for breakfast this morning, HTP helped me take the dishwasher apart so I could clean the filter. Yuck! While putting the dishes away this morning, I noted that there was LOTS of stuff caked on filter. Yuck! Unfortunately, cleaning out the filter appears to be a two man job - or a one man, one woman job. It's not an easy process, especially since you're really not supposed to have to clean the filter on this dishwasher. After five years, this dishwasher's filter needed cleaning. Yuck!

Murphyism of the Day

The Ire Principle


Never try to pacify anyone at the height of their rage.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The game of life is the game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy.

- Florence Shinn

No comments: