Friday, January 09, 2009


Old Grey Frog is Sucked into Yet Another Book

Word of the Day

Nudge - To exit an area.


It didn't occur to me until I shut down my laptop last night that I hadn't blogged. I forgot. Not to worry. Nothing shook the earth. Nothing even rattled the earth...at least not here. I think there may have been an earth tremor in California but that's not unusual for California. The sun came up and the sun went down in a predictable manner. I took a walk with Gypsy. HTP and I enjoyed the casserole that I made for supper. Well, to be honest, HTP isn't fond of casseroles but he didn't complain...this time. We watched three episodes of The Big Bang Theory. And that was my day...yesterday.

To be honest, I spent most of the day yesterday reading. There's nothing like reading a good book about a elite group of psychics on the trail of a psychic vampire who is also a serial murderer to make all my good intentions...or bad intentions...fly right out the window. I got sucked into Kay Hooper's new book, Blood Sins. Of course, since this is the second of a series of books, I decided to re-read the first book of the series, Blood Dreams. Knowing me, I'll probably re-read both of these books when the third of the series is written/released. In the meantime, I'm not going to buy any new books for a while. Sure as shooting (and isn't that a trite turn of phrase), if I go out to the bookstore and buy a couple of books to tide me over until one of my favorite authors publishes a new book, one or both of those "tide me over" books will be included in the group of books that I'll be receiving next month for the Golden Quill contest. I really don't need to purchase any number of books that I could be getting for free. Besides, none of my favorite authors will be coming out with any new books until...April?

I have a mental To Do List which I probably should transfer onto a hard copy To Do List. HTP and I really should clean out the garage and organize stuff...throw things out. I really should clean out both of my pantry closets and toss...ummmm...organize. I should go through the entire house and get rid of stuff that I'll never use...or haven't used since HTP and I moved to this house. I'm a pack rat. I'm pretty sure this tendency is genetic. Sis has it...to a lesser extent. She actually does throw things out. My Mom has it. Her Mom, my Grandmother had it. I'm betting that DD Daughter is looking at the unpacked boxes from her last move and she's thinking as she reads this that she's got the same disorder. And, since there doesn't seem to be any order to things that I've got tucked here and there in my house and out in the garage, things that should be discarded, "disorder" is an appropriate word to use. Oh well...I'll worry about all that tomorrow. I've got a pest control guy coming sometime between 9 AM and noon.

Although I have tons of things on my mental To Do List, I'll probably dig out my recipe for Arancello, and start a batch or two of that. Actually, I'll be using tangelos instead of oranges for the Arancello. I have tangelos growing on a tree in my backyard. Since Arancello (making Arancello)is also on my To Do List, I won't have to feel too guilty about telling HTP that I DO NOT want to clean out the garage today. Have you even noticed that the definition of junk, when it comes to deciding what should be discarded, depends upon who owns said "junk".

Murphyism of the Day

Mr. Cole's Axiom


The sum of the intelligence on the planet remains a constant; the population, however, continues to grow.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.

- Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815 - 1902)*

*Elizabeth Cady Stanton, genealogically speaking, is part of Old Grey Frog's Family Tree. It's rather startling when you stumble across a Noteworthy Quote of the Day that can be attributed to one of your own relatives.

No comments: