Thursday, January 01, 2009


Sunset at The Lake


Word of the Day

Noob - Someone who is a beginner to a particular activity; most commonly used for people new to online games and unaware of gamers' nettiquette.



Happy


New Year


Everyone!



Perhaps watching The Bucket List last night wasn't the best way to spend the last hour and a half of 2008. Don't get me wrong. The Bucket List is well worth watching. However, the older I get, the less I want to think about death and dying, especially during an occasion when I want to laugh and have fun. On the other hand, having my ashes stored in a coffee can (Make mine Butternut) might be rather appropriate. Having someone hike all the way up to the top of the Himalayas to bury that coffee can wouldn't be my choice, but to each his or her own.

So far this morning, I mopped the kitchen floor. I'm not sure who spilled sticky stuff on the kitchen floor right by the coffee-maker but I don't like pouring my first cup of coffee in the morning, finding my shoes sticking to the floor. We're not talking Crazy glue or anything like that but...yuck. So, before I could even enjoy that first cup of coffee, I mopped the kitchen floor. Then, after taking care of Gypsy, I put away a full load of clean dishes and loaded the dishwasher with another full load of dirty dishes from last night. After that...I'll only have one more load of dirty dishes to wash. I used LOTS of serving dishes which take up lots of space in the dishwasher.

I've got a fridge full of leftovers. HTP and I will be noshing on finger foods and appetizers for the beginning weeks of 2009. Diets? Oh well...I'll worry about that after the leftovers are gone.

Murphyism of the Day

Bocklage's Law


He who laughs last probably didn't get the joke.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously.... Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.

- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817)

No comments: