Wednesday, January 28, 2009


It's still winter at The Lake - Picture taken by T-Square on January 20, 2009

Word of the Day

Optoblur cycle - An occasional seven to eight second vision loss, where one’s eyes blur out of focus and then back, loosing all aspects of color and detail; often occurring in the morning, as one’s eyes adjust to the light.


I performed my last sheet dance of the season(knock on wood). The outdoor temperature reading on my digital thermometer read 33°F this morning. Since my outdoor sensor is attached to the house, the actual temperature might have been colder than that but...I have no way of knowing. I know I should put the sensor out in the yard somewhere but I'd have to find a place that is close enough to the base unit without actually sitting in the full sun which isn't all that easy. So...in the meantime I'll have to guess.

Tempting fate, when I removed the sheets and towels from my frost sensitive plants, I also decided to break from my once a week traditional laundry day. I'm washing my sheet dance sheets today. The ten day forecast shows temperatures climbing to the mid-70's, and low temperatures in the 40's. Hopefully, I'm not jinxing this warming trend.

Murphyism of the Day

Onassis's Axiom


If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Civilization is the art of living in towns of such size the everyone does not know everyone else.

- Julian Jaynes

No comments: