Sunday, January 11, 2009


What do you mean "We're running out of food."?

Word of the Day

Nurge - To inch closer to a stoplight thinking that will cause it to change quicker.


After using the last two eggs and the last two pieces of bread, and after discovering that there was only one more frozen container of Gypsy food, I decided that there was no getting out of a visit to the grocery store. There really weren't any sales worth noting, so it didn't take that long to get my shopping done. I got my eggs, I got my bread, and I bought some frozen peas....for Gypsy's stew.

I came home to find HTP working in the garage? I wasn't even gone that long. Oh well, while HTP broke down countless cardboard boxes that have accumulated during the few months that we've been here in Arizona, I cooked up a batch of stew for Gypsy. She has enough stew for the next forty days.

Murphyism of the Day

The Kennedy Constant


Don't get mad - get even.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The good psychic would pick up the phone before it rang. Of course it is possible there was no-one on the other line. Once she said "God Bless you" I said, "I didn't sneeze" She looked deep into my eyes and said, "You will, eventually." And damn it if she wasn't right. Two days later I sneezed.

- Ellen DeGeneres

No comments: