Sunday, January 18, 2009




Word of the Day

Octavize - To write musical parts in octaves; to make musical parts to be in octaves.


Arizona still won't sell alcohol before 10 AM on Sundays. I know this because when I went out to buy the Sunday paper this morning, I decided that I might as well do some grocery shopping while I was at it. Wine was on my shopping list. It was only when I tried to checkout that I was informed that Arizona's antiquated Sunday alcohol laws remain unchanged. Oh well...I didn't really NEED any wine. However, I did need the bagels that jumped into my shopping cart and I couldn't resist the assorted pork chops, not when they were only 88 cents per pound. AND? I didn't forget to buy the Sunday newspaper.

Murphyism of the Day

The Three Least credible Sentences in the English Language


1. "The check is in the mail."
2. "Of course I'll respect you in the morning."
3. "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.

- Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

Guh. It's like in Eau Claire where you couldn't buy alcohol after 9 pm on any day of the week, except at gas stations. Or bars. :p