Tuesday, January 06, 2009


Old Grey tries to explain to Gypsy why it isn't advisable to climb into a lap that is already occupied with a laptop.

Word of the Day

Not-boyfriend - A person who behaves in every way like one's boyfriend, but is not actually one's boyfriend at all. These people will gladly take an offer for a not-a-date activity.


It's a good thing that I didn't dawdle when it came to buying my 2009 calendar. I've had to start marking scheduling since November 2008 for January 2009. We've got a new pest control guy coming on Friday. I think I'm playing with the church orchestra this month sometime(I didn't mark it on the calendar). We're going out to eat and to a movie with friends this month. There's a wine and cheese social coming up. And...it looks like I'll be hosting Easter Brunch/Lunch this year at Ristorante di Old Grey Frog in April. I love marking up my calendar. Not only does it help me remember what's when, it's always nice to have something special to look forward to. Not that having a new pest control guy coming is something to look forward to but...well...a scorpion-free home would be nice.

Murphyism of the Day

Pardo's Postulate


Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening.

Old Grey's Corollary

For everything that is good in life, there is a published article explaining why that particular good thing will kill you.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Joy is prayer - Joy is strength - Joy is love - Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.

- Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)

No comments: