Saturday, January 24, 2009


Pruning is more intensive at The Lake

Word of the Day

Oneirogenic - Having a propensity to appear in somebody's dreams.


Exhaustion - Part II. I decided to tackle the pruning in the front yard. After pruning two of the trees and one single bush, it became apparent that there wouldn't be enough room in our garbage can for all the trimmings in the front yard. So...I hung up my pruners until after garbage collection day. The bushes aren't going anywhere. Besides, all this pruning has raised a blister on my pruning hand...despite the caution of wearing gloves. Perhaps the week of rest will help.

HTP wasn't able to help me with the pruning today but I did have the moral support of Gypsy. She sat quietly outside in the front (on a sit stay command) while I was doing all the pruning. She watched with a look of total puzzlement. Poor Gypsy probably thinks HTP and I have lost our minds. What kind of idiot spends hours upon hours whacking away at trees and bushes, shredding leaves and branches and stuffing the debris into garbage cans? Weird! The last time she witnessed such odd behavior was when she was at The Lake.

Murphyism of the Day

Goldstick's Rule


Be kind to everyone you talk with. You never know who's going to be on the jury.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

As we look deeply within, we understand our perfect balance. There is no fear of the cycle of birth, life and death. For when you stand in the present moment, you are timeless.

- Rodney Yee

No comments: