Sunday, January 25, 2009


Catching Old Grey Frog with Her Hair in a Towel

Word of the Day

Onosecond - The period of time one spends between pressing the send button and then realizing that they really shouldn't’t have sent that e-mail message.


Surprise! I got a call from the church's musical director last night, shortly before I was thinking about heading to bed. She called to remind me that there was an orchestra practice scheduled at the church this morning. Quite frankly, it was more of a "Sorry, I forgot to let you know about this before but I know you won't mind because you have no life and nothing better to do" informational call. Everyone else in the orchestra got their music sent to them in the mail. Me? The music director lives in my neighborhood so she figured that she'd have plenty of time to just drop it off for me some time last week. She forgot. Thus, the phone call. I knew that the orchestra was going to play at some nebulous future date in February but I didn't know that there was going to be a scheduled practice for today...especially at such an early hour of the morning. Actually, 8 AM isn't all that early but this meant that I had to leave the house at 7:30 AM which meant that I had to get up at 6:30 AM so that I could get all my normal morning activities done before leaving the house. Oh well, I have no life and I didn't have anything more important to do so I got there in time, even if I didn't have time to wash my hair.

There was no time to wash my hair. I should have washed my hair yesterday afternoon, after I finished in the yard, but I was too tired. At the time, it made perfect sense to me when I decided to put off washing my hair until this morning. But then, by the time the music director called, it was already too late in the evening to wash my hair. When you've got long hair, you can't just wash, dry, and style your hair before you hop into bed. From past experience, long-haired people know that doing so will guarantee a terminal case of bedhead when you get up in the morning. You'll just have to re-wash, re-dry, and re-style your hair before you can be seen in public. There wasn't time to mess with my hair this morning. The best I could do was to twist it into a French twist so it wouldn't look too nasty. At least I didn't have twigs and leaves sticking out here and there.

I washed my hair when I got home from the orchestra practice. I've got plenty of time now to deal with my hair....and Gypsy's hair. I figured that I'd give Gypsy a quick bath after I got my head out of the kitchen sink. HTP commented about how nice Gypsy smells after she's had a bath so...into the sink with Gypsy. It's nice enough outside today so that I don't have to drag out the blow dryer for Gypsy. Her hair is short enough that it'll dry after a slap and dash wipe with a towel. And...by the time HTP and I head out the door tonight (movie and dinner with friends), my hair will be dried and styled.

Murphyism of the Day

Murphy's First Law of Dieting


The first pounds you lose are in areas in which you didn't want to lose them.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Speak clearly, if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall.

- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809 - 1894)

No comments: