Thursday, June 18, 2009


Change the date and...it's what Sis and I did today. (Picture taken in 2007)

Word of the Day

Reflectuous - Used to describe someone who spends too much time in front of the mirror.


2009 Woodtick Count - 36

Sis and I spent most of our day wining. We started seven batches of rhubarb wine and racked the grape wine. Isn't it interesting that I can describe something that takes several hours and lots of effort in two sentences? *sigh* I should have taken pictures. Maybe tomorrow.

I've been doing my sprinkler dance but Mother Nature only rewarded my efforts with a scant .06 inches of rain...soooo...the sprinkler dance continues. HTP helped my efforts when he bought me a new length of hose to replace the one that was leaking (flooding) the area by the hosebib. He bought me a hose that is guaranteed not to kink. It's supposed to be really heavy duty. I hope so. We drive over that hose on a daily basis. It needs to withstand this sort of punishment. The last hose (the leaky hose) didn't seem to have any problems with the car thing. I'm not sure what happened to it....but it wasn't the cars. I suspect it was just getting old. Sadly, age and leakiness appear to go hand in hand.

Murphyism of the Day

First law of Spelunking


Never try to crawl through a hole smaller than your head.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Sitting at the table doesn't make you a diner, unless you eat some of what's on that plate. Being here in America doesn't make you an American. Being born here in America doesn't make you an American.

- Malcolm X (1925 - 1965)

No comments: