Wednesday, June 24, 2009


Chipmunks eat beans...and raspberries and blueberries.

Word of the Day

Reintarnation - Coming back to life as a hillbilly.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 36

I caught two chipmunks today and transported both before Gypsy could drive both HTP and me crazy with her endless barking. She's SUCH a brave dog....when the critter is in a trap and she isn't.

It's been another really warm and sticky day. I decided to pull the rhubarb before it got too hot and unpleasant outside. The deerfly are back. Hats have become required apparel if you want to step outside...even in the morning. So...I pulled, cleaned and chopped four pounds of rhubarb. I froze three pounds for future use and made the fourth pound into a sugarfree rhubarb pie. We'll have some tonight for dessert.

I noted that we were almost out of bread again. We go through my homemade bread pretty fast. So, this time, I baked two loaves of my whole wheat bread. The cost of store bought bread has gone up dramatically. It is far cheaper to make your own...especially if you care what is in your bread and how it tastes.

Murphyism of the Day

Dalton's Law


A bad lawyer can let a case drag on for several years. A good lawyer can make it last even longer.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Evil is obvious only in retrospect.

- Gloria Steinem (1934 - )

No comments: