Sunday, June 21, 2009



Word of the Day

Remaindeer - Any leftover venison.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 36



Happy


Father's


Day!




HTP and I are driving into the big city to celebrate Father's Day with his Dad today. We celebrated a combined Father's Day/Mother's Day with my Dad and Mom yesterday. Sis and I served LOTS of food. We enjoyed the smoked turkey we made on Friday, some awesome German potato salad, baked beans, a couple of salads and...enough food for two meals. And...we played Yahtzee. Sis' hubby won the first game. I won the second! Sis and I sent the leftover cake home with Dad. There wasn't much lemon pie left. Sis and I will split up the rest of the leftover food...Monday. Lots of turkey. Maybe I'll see if I can buy some cranberries. I love turkey sandwiches with tart cranberry sauce.

Mea culpa about yesterday's missing blog. Exhaustion had set in by the time I got home. Turkey induced coma. Gypsy greeted me at the door and we spent the rest of the evening cuddled up with one of the monster sudoku puzzles my Mom gave me.

Murphyism of the Day

Jefferson' Prescient Principle


It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

- Sir Arthur Eddington (1882 - 1944)

No comments: